Disclaimer: The characters you recognize aren't mine, they belong to Pet Fly and some people who are really starting to bug me.

Summary:  Blair shows off his vocabulary.  Hence the title.

Notes:  Okay, I was just flipping through my handy dandy pocket dictionary, looking for story ideas, when I thought of this.  My muse thinks so strangely.

Furthermore:  I was sick?


Vocabulary

by ShrinkingViolet


"I don't know.  This all seems a little too aleatory to me."  Blair Sandburg said, waving his arms as extravagantly as the limited space in the cab of the truck allowed.

"Alea-what?"

"Aleatory.  Dependent on chance or luck.  At any moment the residents of that abode may abscond and see us."

"Oh, yeah.  That makes a lot more sense, Sandburg.  Why don't you speak English next time, huh?"

"Because I'm an academic and if I don't make it a point to speak in large words at least once a year, I get my membership in the secret academic society, 'Superior Scholars', revoked."

"Uh-huh."

"Of course, now that I've informed you of this clandestine operation, I will be forced to eradicate you."

"Shut up, Sandburg, or I will be forced to take away your thesaurus."

"As frightened as I am of your scathing wit, Jim, my mission is clearly defined:  I must expound my vocabulary."

"You know, Sandburg, you're truly scary when on a sugar high."

But Blair didn't answer, just gave a little, evil smile and popped another one of the little sugar pills up out of the Pez dispenser and into his mouth.


~Ze End~

This has been shrinkingviolet@usa.net, queen of the run-on sentence people, telling you:
If you can't be kind, at least have the consideration to be vague.