This story is a result of a typo on the SentinelAngst list...  and the resulting conversation... and my own, twisted, ineptly maniacally evil mind. >
:)  It was originally posted there as an untitled story, then changed slightly because of the threat that THE Blair would be angry at my saying THE Jim would flunk an English test, so here's the finished version.

There's an appearance from my fav villain from Vendetta.  It's an AU.

Disclaimer:  Not mine, never will be.  If they were, I'd share.


The Trashcan

by ShrinkingViolet


Jimmy Ellison scowled as he heard Blair Sandburg, a new student at his school, following him. He had been stuck showing the little twerp around instead of going to football practice. And the little midget was still following him. Jimmy wheeled around and picked the kid up. "Why are you following me, Sandburg?" The fifteen year old growled.

Blair pulled at the older boy's arm as Jimmy held him up by his collar.  "I.."  he choked out, and Jim suddenly realized he was holding him to tight and dropped him, "I just wanted to ask you something."

"What, boy genius?"  Jimmy crossed his arms and glowered down at the twelve year old.

"Do you know where Seventh Street is? I'm lost."   He looked embarrassed.

"Yeah, right, Chief."  Jimmy said, feeling mean for the way he treated the kid.  "I'll show you."

Blair perked up and started to bounce.  "Great!  Thanks!"  They started off, side by side, just when a car pulled up.  In it was Dan Freeman, an older boy who hated Jimmy and, the rumor was, was out to get him.  Freeman pulled something out and pointed it at Jim.

Blair saw what it was before Jimmy did:  a gun.  Immediately, he tackled  his new friend, pushing him down, under a garbage can.  The shot harmlessly dented the metal above them and tires squealed as Dan rushed away.

"C’mon, Chief."  Jim swallowed hard.  "We'd better call the cops."

"Yeah, I hear that."  Blair said, still staring at the trashcan.  Jimmy gently pulled him away.

And the two friends walked away, together.


Dan Freeman was tried sentenced as an adult for two counts of attempted murder.

Blair moved away just three months later.

Years later, as an Anthropology student saved the life a cop by pushing him underneath a trash truck, a feeling deja vu swept over the two men.

And they all lived happily ever after, usually.

Until good ol’ Dan got out, that is.  The smell of manure took weeks to fade.

But that's another story.


Feed a feedback starved author today:
shrinkingviolet@freehomepage.com