Notes:  Just like the thing down below says, just pointless, untitled angst I found lying sad and alone on my hard drive.  I just felt sooo sorry for the story I had to do something.

Disclaimer I'm Forced to Write So That I Do Not Get Sued:  Not mine.  Despite everything the voices in my head have been telling me.  >:o)


Waiting

Pointless, Un-beta'd, Wimpy-type Angst by ShrinkingViolet


Blair Sandburg sat guard at the bedside of his partner, Jim Elision, staring at the pink, healing scar peaking out from beneath the bandages wrapped around the detective's head, like a lopsided turban. And he talked.

"Hey, Jim," he said, clutching at the larger man's hand, the one without the IV, but holding it gently. "I'm sorry I was late today. Simon wanted me to help him with something or other at the station, well, I think he was just checking up on me.

"Jim, you should see the place. It's so quiet, it's like a funeral. No one really seems to believe you're going to wake up soon, but I know you are. I'm your Shaman, right? I know."

Blair shifted a little in the hard, uncomfortable hospital chair. "But, then again, it'd help if you'd hurry and wake up. I miss you."

And Blair waited.



Copyright  February 24, 2000 ShrinkingViolet