Disclaimer:  They're not mine, but they should be.  Oh, cruel fates!  Jim and Blair belong to some stupid people that canceled it (er, that I love anyway?) and Conan and Andy belong to NBC.  Either that or their show does.  Oh, well.

Rated:  PG.  I hardly even hurt the guppy.

Summery:  Crossover with The Late Show with Conan O'Brian... hence the name and everything.  And about Blair's behavior, it's a fact that even the most normal of people act like freaks on that show... geez.  And the naturally weird people?  Scary.



James Ellison lay on the small cot in his cell, flipping through the channels on the small, black and white TV They had finally allowed him to have.  'Submit to the tests, get privileges,' was their motto.

Suddenly he froze, then flipped back a few channels.  On the screen was a close-up of his Guide, Blair Sandburg.  Jim's mouth dropped open as he watched Blair jog up onto a small stage and shake hands with late night talk show host Conan O'Brian and Conan's sidekick, Andy.  They all sat down.

"Blair."  Conan began.

"Conan."  Blair responded

"Blair-"  O'Brian tried again.

"Conan."  Repeated Sandburg.

"Stop it!"  Conan yelled jokingly.  Blair held out his hands and acted frightened.

"Sorry."

"Well, I was going to say it was nice to have you back here."

"And I was going to say it's nice to be back."

"Geez, they make a few million bucks and they get all weird."  Andy spoke up.

"Not that Conan would ever know."  Blair finished and he, Andy, and the audience laughed while
Conan got a strange look on his face and 'hee'd a few times.

"Anyway,"  Conan changed the subject, "the question on everyone's mind is-"

"Everyone?"

Conan sighed.  "Okay, that's it.  Security!"

"Run, Blair!  Run like the wind, to freedom!"  Andy said calmly.  Blair snorted.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily."

"Yeah, you're like a leech."  The red head narrowed his eyes at the anthropologist.

"Well, good ol' Jim might agree with you there, but what was your question, anyway?"

"Just who exactly is going to play the Sentinel in the movie?  And when is it going to be out?"

"Um, Kurt Russell.  And early November."

"Who are you going to be played by?"

"Edward Norton."  There's loud cheers from the audience and Blair waits for it to die down before offering,  "I have a clip."

"Okay, let's take a look.  Are you going to set it up?"

"Oh, yeah.  This is a scene from when this new designer drug was circulating around Cascade and some got in Jim's eyes and he was blinded."

A television was raised and an all to familiar scene was shown on it, just with different men.  Jim sat straight up, resting his elbows on his knees as he watched with an expression akin to that of a person seeing a horrible car wreck.

After the clip was over, the three men discussed it for a little while before Conan asked curiously, "Blair, do you still talk to Ellison?"

Blair sighed sadly.  "No, he won't return my phone calls," then he shrugged and looked straight into the camera. "Oh, well, Jim, if you're out there, thanks for the memories."  And he gave a small wave, salute, and a grin.


Jim bolted upright in his bed, his own, big, soft bed with his favorite soft yellow sheets, his eyes wide and face dripping with sweat.  Downstairs he could hear Blair making breakfast.

Yep, it was just a dream, Jim decided as he walked silently downstairs and into the kitchen, but still...

His hand snaked out and slapped the side of his roommate's head.   Blair turned around.

"Hey!  What was that for?

"Never mind that, Chief.  You deserved it."  And Jim disappeared into the bathroom, then grinned as he heard Blair muttering about 'crazy Sentinels'.  Yeah, life was good.

But he was going to avoid eating those spicy nacho chips of Sandburg's before going to bed  for a while.


email11.gif (20906 bytes)