For a disclaimer, I have written this impromptu poem:
Not mine.
Never will be.
Cry for Violet, cry.
 



The Un-dead
a writing exercise.


"Chief… Chief…"

"Uh, Jim?  Is that you?"

"Come here, Chief…"

"You know, I'd like to, really, I would… But unlike numerous cartoon characters and you, evidently, I cannot walk in thin air.  I'll stay on the balcony."

"Sandburg!  Come here!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah.  How about you come here?  You're looking awfully pale there, Jim.  I have this excellent herbal remedy I was taught to make by the wise women of the Hulakabulla tribe in central-"

"Sandburg…"

"Your eyes are looking pretty red there, too…  Hey!  Ellison!  You're un-dead!  Nosforato!  A night-crawler!  A vampire!"

"You will be too when I get through with you, Sandburg…"

"Oooh, is that a threat?  I'm scared, really.  But first I'm going to drive this wooden moose hunting spear I received as a wedding gift from the chief of the Watsit tribe of South America when I accidentally married his daughter through your heart.  Hold still a minute, will ya?

"Ahhh!  Jim, bit me and you'll be sucking blood through a straw for the next month, I swear to god!  Ow!  That hurt!  I'm serious!  Help!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How are you feeling, Chief?"

"Jim?  What do you think?"

"Seriously, Blair."

"Oh, now you're concerned.  I feel like you sucked all the blood from my body, how's that for starters?  And I'm hungry.  Really hungry.  Hey, let's go pay a visit to our good captain, Simon…"


This has been shrinkingviolet@freehomepage.com, queen of the run-on sentence people, saying:
Why did the bicycle fall down?
Because it was two-tired!  (Get it?  Too tired! Ha ha ha!)